Access 2000 time calculations (1 Viewer)

Djhilbert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:38
My apologies if I'm doing this wrong, this is my first time posting. My question is or should I say my problem is calculating the time. I making a database for the volunteer fire department in my city. and they want to know how many hours each volunteer has each month. I used the DateDiff to calculate the time in mins in my query this works my problem is when I try to sum the time field in my report, this is where it gets strange some times it converters properly unless the total mins is over 1000 then is either adds 15/30 mins or not. my grand total works (I think) I was going to use two fields but I think that wasteful space. I tried making a module but it didn't work unless I'm doing something wrong.:eek: Thanks for any help you can give. Deb

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:38
Welcome to the forum. Can't think of anything that would cause that.

Can you upload a cutdown version of your database?
Just include the relevant tables and the query with enough records to demonstrate the problem and anonymise any personal info.

Compact and Repair the database then zip it and attach to a post in the Advanced editor.

Djhilbert

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not exactly sure if I attached properly but the query for the report is labeled accordingly. I attached the zip file of the entire database. not sure how to break it up. If you could look it over any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

Attachments

• WEST END SPECIAL FIRE POLICE.zip
    171.2 KB · Views: 141

Djhilbert

Registered User.
Local time
ps... the information in the database is fictional it is in the testing stage

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:38
I'll have a look at the database again tonight but a quick look didn't show anything obvious.

However I would recommend you reconsider your naming practices. Especially do not use special characters such as the hash, arithmetic operators, percent signs, parentheses etc. They special meaning and should always be avoided in names.

Don't use spaces in names. Better to use CamelCase. Then you don't need to place the square brackets around names when you use them in VBA code.

Shorten the names. You can use whatever you like in the label on the forms and reports but lengthy field names make code harder to read.

Check your spelling. Incorrect spelling in a database looks very unprofessional. I work with one database where they actually had variant spelling of the same word. It looks ridiculous in code and encourages errors when writing queries.

Volunteer, Incident.

Djhilbert

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you I like your suggestions and fix them. deb

Djhilbert

Registered User.
Local time
I think the problem is when it converts the decimal into hours and minutes. It usually is ok when it's on the hour or the half hour but it questionable when it's working with 15 or 45 minutes. Thank you for any help. Deb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom