Access 2003 Application disappears during "open" (1 Viewer)

eaton_dev

Local time
Today, 10:41
I am designing an application in Access 2003 and it's pretty much working now.

I have a main form set to automatically open (through database startup).

sometimes, access disappears before even showing the form. The ldb file remains in the folder and access does not show up in Tasks (so it's really terminated).

I do have On_Load event code in the form, but nothing drastic and I went through and made sure that all subs have Error Handlers.

It doesn't give me any error messages, just disappears. This also happens when I try opening the main form from the open Access app, but not as often.

Usually, if I open by holding Shift, enter the form in Design view and close it, it then opens no problem.

Any ideas? I searched and googled, but to no avail.

Thanks!

freakazeud

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:41
re:

Hi,
can you post the code you are using behind the forms on open/load event. It seems as if that or the form itself is causing the issue. Have you tried to do a compact and repair on the application as well as importing everything into a new blank application just to be on the safe side?
HTH
Good luck

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:41
Over the past few something similar has started happening to me and It does'nt appear to be any code as I may not even have a form open, your in the middle of designing a query and suddenly access has closed. This happens in both Access 97 and 2000. In a couple onf months time (well maybe a year the way things are going here) I will switch to Access 2003 so I will see if it happens to this version. I suspect it is something to do with all the network/virus software loaded as it as never happened at home where I use 2000.

eaton_dev

Local time
Today, 10:41
Mine only happens when first opening the application. Access 2003.

I have cleaned up the database and it doesn't seem to be happening, but I will have to see.

Also, it wasn't happening on some other computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom