Question Access 2007 security problems (1 Viewer)

beachldy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
I know the Access 2007 ACCDE and ACCDB's no longer can use workgroup administrator for security and boy, has it been a nightmare without the WG administrator capabilities. I've put code in to hide objects, set database options to hide objects, make ribbons unaccessible, make an accde, and still, when the access app has problems like user lockup (in a beta version we tested), all of a sudden, the code to hide objects and hide the navigation section becomes derelict and all users can see everything in the navigation section. Totally frustrating. There's no security whatsoever except the modules not being opened as a user (accde).

I miss the workgroup administrator...never had any app broken into using it. Yes, I can use it with MDe/MDb files if I make the access 2007 files with those extensions. But there seems to be little security for the extensions of accce or accdb. I'm just afraid that the mde/mdb files will be obsolete soon so am wanting to work it out with the latest extensions.

Anyone have a solution?

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:34
I thought using the runtime version prevented the user from getting inside the db, even in Access 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom