Access 2010 help (1 Viewer)

yammers4

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:41
I Really Need this resolving but am stuck.

I have 3 combo boxes 1 called league type one called ourteams and one called opp teams

The cascading effect works for our teams but i cant get it to work for opp teams can anyone have a look and correct this for me please.

When you select the league type it shoud show the teams to select in our team and opp team for that league.

No good at coding so if someone could get this to work I would be very greatfull make any any changes you need

Attachments

• Langley B.zip
    463.5 KB · Views: 62

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:41
You only have code to change the first combo. You need to change the RowSource for both if you want the first combo to control the other two. But, before you add code to control the third combo, give it a nice name. Combo43 doesn't cut it.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
...before you add code to control the third combo, give it a nice name. Combo43 doesn't cut it.
Isn't this one of Access' worst features? Only second, perhaps, to naming a Textbox the same as the Field, when adding a Field from the Field List! :eek:

Why in the world couldn't they ask you for a name when you create a Control, like they do when you save a Table or Form?

Linq ;0)>

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When you create a form with the wizard or by draging fields from the field list, Access names the control after the field name. When you add an unbound control to a form/report, Access assigns the next available name for that control type. Most people don't write code and so don't even notice. They would most likely be confused and annoyed to be prompted for each control addition.

Personally, I would prefer that Access automatically prefix each control with a standardized naming scheme for controls added by the wizard or draging from the field list. It is on my wish list every time I send one to the Access development team. There are certain situations that arise when coding where it is important to distinguish between the "control" and the "field" and giving them both the same name makes that impossible. I don't write code for every form but if I do, I rename all the controls so my code always specifically refers to the control or the data field.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
...I would prefer that Access automatically prefix each control with a standardized naming scheme for controls added by the wizard or draging from the field list...
Actually I started to say just that! I mean, how hard would that be? But the Boys of Redmond are busy, of course, thinking up boondoggles such as Multi-valued fields! :D

And there are times, indeed, when having different names for the Field and related Control is important!

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom