Access Appreciation (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 07:16
Been awhile everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say that my current endeavors have really made me appreciate how nice Access is. I have been solely working in Python now for quite some time building an application suite for my work and I must say, I never realized how hard UI design really was since Access made it so easy to drag and drop controls and easily bind them to events.

For instance, I just spent 2 hours trying to get a darn combo box placed and configured to work with the dataset along with being actively filtered as a user types values into it.

Access really does spoil us.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Access really does spoil us.
It is much underrated as a useful tool by big business and developers in general.

In the beginning, when I was new to this game, we actually picked our tool depending on what our project was. We didn't develop every application using the same language. Some were better for manipulating data, others were better with math. Now the children all flock to what is "fashionable".

tmyers

Local time
It is much underrated as a useful tool by big business and developers in general.

In the beginning, when I was new to this game, we actually picked our tool depending on what our project was. We didn't develop every application using the same language. Some were better for manipulating data, others were better with math. Now the children all flock to what is "fashionable".
I did learn not that long ago that my company uses it as their ticket system at the help desk which i thought was neat.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Someone working in the department built it no doubt. There is always a big backlog for projects and when it is a cost center requesting the software, it ends up at the bottom of the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom