Access as mail merge source (1 Viewer)

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
I am running Office 2016 and have endeavoured to write a query which returns group members who have not resigned or died and use it as the data source for a mail-merge to produce mailing labels, but cannot successfully merge when initiating the process from Word.
In a query called 'Address Labels Query' the criterion under 'Left/Deceased' is set to 'Is Null' thus only records of currently living members are returned.
When the merge is initiated from Word and I choose to use an existing data source (which contains the query referred to above) I am asked to confirm that the data source is an OLE DB data source in a 'Confirm data source' dialog box
but when l click on OK, a dialog box appears listing the available queries/tables but which does not contain the 'Address Labels Query'. It lists only three objects, one of which is a query, when in fact there are a dozen or more queries/tables contained in the database. I have tried all of the dtabase options listed in the dialog box without success.
I have seen it suggested that 'Confirm file format conversion on open' needs to be selected under the 'File'>'Advanced'>'General' settings in Word - this is already selected.
Microsoft Help does not appear to me to provide a viable solution to this problem.
Can any of you learned people solve this problem. I would very much appreciate some help.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:30
i have seen this too and havent found out why except its a type of query.
make sure its not an action query
make sure it has no paramaters

but the Mail merge wizard works.

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
Hello Ranman 256
Thanks for such a swift response.
This is exactly why I can't understand what's going on. The query is a simple query, not an action query or a parameter query???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom