access barcode scan too autofill form (1 Viewer)

dale_j1992

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:15
hello, i am new too access and have been stook with this issue for a while now. i have a barcode which is scanned in, how can i get ms access to add the area and part name to the fields. i have a table with the part number as the primarykey, column1 line and column 2 part name. i then have a form which comes from the data table which has dataID, the barcode column 1, date column 2, operator name column 3. i basically need a way when the barcode 123456 is scanned in i need two fields, too auto fill

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:15
Can you tell us more about the bar code reader? Does it just enter the part number in the field that has focus as though it were being typed? Can it be configured to send a character or sequence of character at the end of the scan? Or Does it have any buttons that can be used to send characters, e.g., something Access could use as a signal that the scan was complete?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:15
Use a search function like the one found here. Once you have a good search function setup, you can search any field like dataID. If a match is found it can filter your form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom