access crashing (1 Viewer)

krieb

Local time
Today, 18:16
I have a form I have created for searching the database. The form is composed of several Colored text boxes with labels to the side describing the action. Behind the text boxes I have coded an Openform statement as an event procedure - ON CLICK. This is a secured database and another facility (another state) links to the tables and imported the forms, queries and reports. The database has been working great for 2 weeks. The problem: The form I created for searching works - all the buttons (text boxes created to look like buttons) open the correct forms and are all functional. However, when I go into design mode and try to go to the event procedure to look at the code, I get a message box with no message. When I hit the HELP key of the message box, I get a response of "out of range 129". The database is frozen and I have to hit the X of the main database to exit. Any reason to why this is happening.

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
My guess is a corrupted form. If compact and repair did not fix the problem you may have to rebuild the form from scratch.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:16
If you have to rebuild: If you can get the form in design viuew, copy all of your controls to the new form. If you can see it, at least you don't have to actually rebuild
it.

I've had to case where a form was corrupted, but you could see the form in design view and the VBA code. Nonetheless, the form just wouldn't work. On several occasions, when all the code and controls were copied to a new form. They both worked fine.

krieb

Local time
How do I compile just one form? Also, is this just a freak thing or is there something I am doing that I can prevent this from happening again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom