Access Default Security Setting and Trust Center (1 Viewer)

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Yesterday, 23:04
Hello..

I am not an administrator on our network so I can't log into a computer to try this out and I have searched and I haven't found what I am looking for.

Question:

If an administrator logs on a computer as the computer administrator fires up access. Can they set the default security under the trust center that will apply to all users of the computer?

IE they set macro's to run and they add a new network folder where the back end will reside. Will the security setting and network folder carry over to ALL users who use the computer if they are not administrators on the computer just users?

So I can set it once and for get about the security settings from within access?

Details
Access 2007.
Windows XP boxes.

Thanks

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 01:04
Question:

If an administrator logs on a computer as the computer administrator fires up access. Can they set the default security under the trust center that will apply to all users of the computer?

No. AFAIK, The Access security setting is set in each user's profile.

If you are on a domain, you could have the admins use a GP to push the registry setting.

See if this helps:

Trust Center in Access 2007 and 2010

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Yesterday, 23:04
No. AFAIK, The Access security setting is set in each user's profile.

If you are on a domain, you could have the admins use a GP to push the registry setting.

See if this helps:

Trust Center in Access 2007 and 2010

Crap... thank you for the info. What a pain in the butt.

Thanks for again for the info and also thanks for the link! Greatly appreciated!

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 01:04
Crap... thank you for the info. What a pain in the butt.

Thanks for again for the info and also thanks for the link! Greatly appreciated!

IMHO, it really does not sense that it works this way from a security standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom