Access Denied (1 Viewer)

libby32

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:48
This morning no one can access our database. An error comes up saying you do not have access to (then the path name) please check your administrator for appropriate permissions. What can be causing this? Please help - we can't get any work done....

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Couple of things.
If the Db is networked:

1. IT could have 'had a laugh' and changed everyones permissions (probability - unlikely)

2. If you have a FE/BE setup, your BE may be corrupt (probability - possible) - See if you can open the BE on it's own.

3. You may have a 'stray' ldb file (probability - possible). Find the ldb file relating to your BE / Network copy, kick everyone out of the Db and delete it. Access will rebiuld it when the Db is opened up again.

hth

Mark Wild

Registered User.
Local time
Are you able to access any other files that are in the same folder on the network?

Ie, is it def an Access problem or could it me a network issue?

Mark Wild

Registered User.
Local time
Are you able to access any other files that are in the same folder on the network?

Ie, is it def an Access problem or could it me a network issue?

libby32

Registered User.
Local time
Yes I can still access other files on the server....How do I find a back end file? The database is on a terminal server at our head office and everyone else is keying in to the database at their own offices...

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 11:48
This is happening to everyone, correct? If so I agree that it appears that the BE may be corrupt. Contact the head office and see what they say.

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Is the whole of the database residing on the server, or is the database split into a front and back end? ie back end (tables only) residing on the server and the front-end (everything else) residing on the local pc.

It sounds suspiciously like a corrupt Db though.

I would try solution 3 first - locate the ldb file in the same folder s your database (the same name as your Db but with .ldb as the file extension) and delete it (make sure no-one is in the database before you do so).

See if you can access the database directly by exploring the folder where the Db is and opening the file.

libby32

Registered User.
Local time
When I try to open the WRKGADM.exe file associated with the database, I get this error "Unrecognized database format (then the path name) then the file name WRKGADM.exe.

libby32

Registered User.
Local time
When I try to open the WRKGADM.exe file associated with the database, I get this error "Unrecognized database format (then the path name) then the file name WRKGADM.exe.

libby32

Registered User.
Local time
When I go into my secured file, I noticed that username is admin instead of my name??

D

Dgar007

Did you resolve this problem? I just had it this morning. I found that my user profile somehow got corrupted. We rebuilt the profile and exported all tables from the BE to a new db (it was corrupted also) and everything's OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom