Solved Access/Office Title Bar Width Has Changed (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:12
@isladogs
I've already tried that option. Changing Mouse/Touch option changes the space between command and has no effect on title bar height. At least for my version of office.

That's why I went with turning off that option.

In fact, the two screenshots in post #1 showed the changes made when Office apps separated the ribbon and QAT into independent items ... but that change was introduced several months ago...at least for me.
The left screenshot was the new layout, the one on the right was the original layout.
There are many things I dislike about the new layout but the title bar height hadn't bothered me.

However, as a general rule I would recommend you don't have controls very close to the bottom or right of your forms to avoid issues with different sized monitors or screen resolutions.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 09:12
In fact, the two screenshots in post #1 showed the changes made when Office apps separated the ribbon and QAT into independent items ... but that change was introduced several months ago...at least for me.
The left screenshot was the new layout, the one on the right was the original layout.
There are many things I dislike about the new layout but the title bar height hadn't bothered me.

However, as a general rule I would recommend you don't have controls very close to the bottom or right of your forms to avoid issues with different sized monitors or screen resolutions.
I've inherited the databases and almost all monitors' resolution is set to 1280 x 1024.
We have several forms that fill the whole height of this screen on this resolution.
Title bar's height change was causing some problems but it's back to what it should be now.
The best bet is to use your resize method, but I'm too old to start re-designing the forms. I've left a link to your resize page in to-do-list, maybe the next one who continues working on these databases. Certainly I don't have the energy.

But still it's a mystery why mouse/touch option changes title bar height for you, and not for me.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:12
No - I think you are correct. I had already made the change that had affected the height of the title bar some months ago.

Whilst you can switch off the feature for now, it will probably become a standard feature before too long.
I fear you will have to address the form height issue at some point.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:12
you can always revert to a2019 or a2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom