Access Read Email Messages and Populate table (1 Viewer)

redxtb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:14
Really not sure which way to go with this new requirement and need your help in deciding what is the best and easiest way to accomplish the following...

Currently have an Access db filled with different departmental information. Trying to build a workflow mechanism that will validate the status of a certain "Event".

What we have that relates to project:

70-80 different projects in one table. This table has Due Date for the project in it
All of the days between milestones are static. There are 18 different Milestones covered by 6 departments.
Table built to hold status of project. which includes notes for every milestone and date completed. 37 fields (date and memo field each with id number to relate back to project table
What we need

A generated email that emails the parties who are late or their milestone is upcoming. (can do this already, but see the other requirement)
When users receive email they need to reply in the email that was sent to them the date and what the result of what they did in the email. Users will be using mobile devices, laptops and desktops to respond.
Where I am stumped

Could use Collect Data feature, but it is not easily manipulated with vb. Also, it will not all information to be edited in a query. It will only allow new entry.

Thought about linking to a folder in access and manage the replies, but afraid of Garbage in -- Garbage out...

Looked at Infopath but it seems that you have to have a server centrally located and some of the recipients will be external

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

wader

Registered User.
Local time
Is there a resource that can manage the replys and just enter the responces? I don't know of a way to "kick off" emails without someone opening the database and triggering a coded event..(although I will admit I'm not as familiar with the outlook integration tools that are in 2007 and beyond on the ribbon...) If you go with infopath and you don't have the web server you can still manage the replys through automation..they would just need to have a network connection/vpn in etc. You would still have the ability to respond to the notice on mobile divices with infopath as long as it was networked email I believe.....I would go with infopath and deal with the limitations myself

Just another consideration but I have worked with InfoPath for a couple years now and the learning curve can be high if you don't have a solid developer...not sure where you are with that but something to consider that it not really as intuative some other office products

tonez90

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
I have attached an Access 2010 db which reads MS Outlook and displays your inbox details. To read the body you will need to develop a simple parsing utility to read and pull out the required information. You can use the Read filter to simply use the read emails. Note I have used tmp tables to store information in.
I hope this helps
Tonez

Attachments

• Email.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 168

redxtb

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Tonez!!! I think I can tweak the code and make it work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom