Access screen (1 Viewer)

Johan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:11
Hi,
Can someone help me?
When I open my dBase I only want to show the switchboard and the forms that are connected to the switchboard. In other words, I do not want to see the Access window. Is this possible?

[This message has been edited by Johan (edited 05-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Johan (edited 05-22-2001).]

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Today, 11:11
Sure go to Tools Startup and uncheck display database window.

However without some kind of security or removel of the menu bar the user will be able to go back in and change it back.

Also if the user holds the shift key down it will bypass this setting.

If you want to hid it permanently then you will need security and disable the shift key.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
You can go one stage further by setting up a desktop shortcut to open the database and in the shortcut properties, set it to open minimized, then set your forms modal and popup properties to true and your forms will appear directly on the desktop; the access window and toolbars won't be visible.

Stephenn

Registered User.
Local time
I just tried the steps Mike Gurman recommends and it works great. However, I have command buttons on the form that open reports and now when I click on them, the reports are not displayed. The reports are displayed behind the form and minimized. In addition, I'm not able to shift focus to the report and therefore can't maximize the report for viewing purposes. Any suggestions on how to correct this? I'd like the report to open maximized and without toolbars also.
TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom