Access table (1 Viewer)

sree

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:26
How to move field name with data values to another cloumn in the same table ?:)

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
How to move field name with data values to another cloumn in the same table ?:)

If I understand you correctly, I would use an Update query to copy the value from one filed to another in the same record.

sree

Registered User.
Local time
I mean, for example in the table there are five fields like
1. name,
2. address,
3. phone no,
4. city,
5. country

here I want move the country field with values to the third place in between address & phone no. In the table datasheet view it should show the country field in the 3rd place, but in the table design view should be same as in the above list, that is country field should be in the fifth field.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
I have never worried about the order of fields in the table design. Since I always use a query to look at the data in a table, you can order the fields in any order in the query.

If you really must reorder the fields in the design view, first select the row then try dragging a field to a new position.

sree

Registered User.
Local time
Please find the attachment database file.
find the table design view and table data sheet view
let me know how to do like this

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 04:26
In the visual table designer...

Select the field by clicking once on the square to the left of the field name
Then click and hold that square, and drag the field to where you want it, then let go.

sree

Registered User.
Local time
please analyse the dept no field in the attachment employee database and let me know the answer

Attachments

• Employee.zip
    83 KB · Views: 96

sree

Registered User.
Local time
I have never worried about the order of fields in the table design. Since I always use a query to look at the data in a table, you can order the fields in any order in the query.

If you really must reorder the fields in the design view, first select the row then try dragging a field to a new position.

Please find the attachment database and analyse the dept no field in the design and data sheet view and get me the answer

Attachments

• Employee.zip
    83 KB · Views: 98

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 04:26
You've got the answer - The order doesn't actually matter, but if you must have the fields in a different order, just click and drag them to the desired places, in the visual table designer.

EraserveAP

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:26
To get to the "visual table designer" simply Right click the table in question and select Design View.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom