Acess 2010 - 2016 upgrade errors (1 Viewer)

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:29
Hi all,

I got a call from a Client who has been using an Access app for about 18 years (I imagine multiple Access versions in that time).
The app is used on most machines runnnng Access 2010 without a problem.
Last week two machines were upgraded to 2016 and now those 2 machines have errors:
E3014 - Cannot open more tables and at some point an error about insuffiecient disk space to run a query.

I will only be able to remote into the machines in the coming week but for now I just want to do some prep research.
Like I said the app works fine on the 2010 machines so I don't want to go looking for stuff that are not broken.

So my question is - does anyone know of issues after upgrading that can be fixed with a patch.
Or something else missing that might be causing some of the above errors.
Appartently the IT installed a Click-to-run version of Office - Never heard of it and not sure if I have the name correct.

Just thinking of "if all else fails" options to do a quick fix since the Client will be moving to a Web solution in about 2 months so we don't want to mess around with a working system too much. So would they be able to uninstall Access 2016 on the Office 2016 package and then install Access 2010 as a "stand-alone" in the same eviroment?

Any ideas where I need to look when I remote into the machine would be helpful.

Thanks

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:29

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:29
Great - so I'm not the only one. Sure Microsoft will attend to it soon enough.
In the meantime my Client's IT guy will uninstall Access 2016 and install 2010 else they cannot work.
Maybe he can try it again when the problem is solved.

Thanks for the valuable post

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 07:29
Great - so I'm not the only one. Sure Microsoft will attend to it soon enough.
In the meantime my Client's IT guy will uninstall Access 2016 and install 2010 else they cannot work.
Maybe he can try it again when the problem is solved.

Thanks for the valuable post
There is a workaround. Read the linked article.
Here are two other sites describing the problem and the workaround. Here and Here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom