Active X calendars (1 Viewer)

jstutz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:54
I've been having some problems w/ ActiveX Calendar controls recently and wondering if anyone else has had similar problems OR better yet knows a solution.

In a nutshell: I have a couple of DB's originally dev'd in Access 95 using ActiveX Calendars on some of the forms. The controls are used to select dates either for data entry or querying purposes. Essentially I used the OnUpdate event of the control to set the date of a text box to the date of the control using code like: me!txtDate = me!ctlCalendar.

This worked for a long time, but somewhere between the time the db's were released and now they stopped working. I assume this is related to upgrades our I.S. dept has done converting everyone to Office 2000. I've tried to update the controls to the latest version of the ActiveX Control included with Access 2000 to no avail.

I have had success with creating a "Set Date" button that will update the field's contents using the me!txtDate = me!ctlCalendar code in the OnClick event, but I don't like the user having to select a date and then click on a button to update it. Why force them to do two steps when it should just be done w/ one?

Anyone had similar problems or a suggestion that will fix the OnUpdate event?

Thanks!
Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom