Active X controls Date/Time Picker (1 Viewer)

beckie1234

Struggling Student
Local time
Yesterday, 16:08
I downloaded the active x control for the microsoft date and time picker. Where do I put the DL_MSSCOMCT2.cab file to get this control to work on my laptop?

Wiz47

Learning by inches ...
Local time
Yesterday, 19:08
I downloaded the active x control for the microsoft date and time picker. Where do I put the DL_MSSCOMCT2.cab file to get this control to work on my laptop?

I wish I could help, but I don't use calendars that rely on Active X controls. :)

beckie1234

Struggling Student
Local time
I think you are the one who recommended using the calendar guy program that was not an active x control and I downloaded the whole package but I still never figured out how to get it to conform to the way I needed it and unfortunately I have to present this thing tomorrow and it won't run from my laptop. :confused:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time

Since you are under time-constraints I will attempt to help you on this, but I would suggest trying to get that other calendar worked out in the future as it will save you major headaches.

First of all, you don't want DL_MSSCOMCT2.cab, you need what's inside of it. You need MSCOMCT2.ocx copied into the C:\Windows\System32 folder, and if you can get that file (you should be able to use WinZip or something to extract it) and then go to the run command (Windows Key + R will bring it up) and type in:
regsvr32 <path & filename of dll or ocx>

then hit run, it should register it.

Wiz47

Learning by inches ...
Local time
Yesterday, 19:08
I think you are the one who recommended using the calendar guy program that was not an active x control and I downloaded the whole package but I still never figured out how to get it to conform to the way I needed it and unfortunately I have to present this thing tomorrow and it won't run from my laptop. :confused:

I have included a small program here that has the non-active X calendar in it. I added a Survey Date to the form to show you how it would work. to Use the calendar as an imput tool, double-Click in the Date textbox (the calendar will pop up) then choose the date and double-click on it. It will enter it in the form. If a date is already there it will show that date in the textbox and on the calendar (which can be changed) if it is a new record or doesn't have a date, the current date will show on the calendar.

To use the calendar as a reference, click on the Calendar command button.

Please note the code used in the Survey Date double-click event. That is what assigns the date to the textbox.

Also, make sure to include the module basCalendar and Form zsfrmCalendar in any program it uses.

Attachments

• Carl's_Query.zip
    63.3 KB · Views: 688

beckie1234

Struggling Student
Local time
Ok I got the file registered and it said it was successful but when I go to run the application it just gives me the error MouseMove you entered as the evnet property setting produced the following error: There was an error loading an ActiveX control on one of your forms or reports. What did I do wrong?

beckie1234

Struggling Student
Local time
Never mind I got it to work. I just had to delete out the old Date/Time picker on the form and ad a new one to the form. Thanks Very much appreciated.

beckie1234

Struggling Student
Local time
I downloaded the example and will work with it for awhile till I get it figured out, but check back. Knowing me I will have lots of questions. Thank you for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom