ActiveX Woes (1 Viewer)

jfi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:00
I developed a database on another machine that utlized the calendar control (Access 97). When I run it on another machine, it doesn't recognize the calendar control. fine. I go to the VB Editor, go to References, browse to mscal.ocx and install that sucker. It shows up on the list with a check next to it and everything looks good.

But it still doesn't work. If I try to make a new calendar on a different form the calendar control doesn't appear in the list of available controls. I go back and look in the list and it's there. If I make a new database and go to the references, the list calendar control is no longer in the list. Should it be?

This is on a network, do I need to be an admin on my machine to installed these ocx references? I did it on the other machine, why would this be different? Is the Access install on this machine just messed up?

joeyreyma

MSCEmbalmer
Local time
go to TOOLS >> ACTIVE X CONTROLS. click register and look for the .ocx of the calendar. adding references only adds references, the control part of it (active x) should be registered separately.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:00
I think the control looses its registration if the form is copied. You need to specifically place the control on each form.

jfi

Registered User.
Local time
FIXED!

I completely forgot about registering the control.

Thank you very much for your help!

-Joshua

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom