Add more than one name to related record... (1 Viewer)

Strike_Eagle

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:52
This is so simple I am actually embarrased to ask, but here goes.

I have a simple relational database with the proper linking tables, etc. I am normalized through BCNF. I have a table that will track tasking details, however, more than one person is assigned the tasking. How do i add to my form the ability to add additional people to the tasking?

If I drag and drop the name field then it is a one name for one box deal. I want to create a combo box that uses a query to prepoulate multiple elgible names (already built) and then you can select the person you want. Afterwards I want the task assigner to dynamically add additional people to the task with no true limit as the group can be as small as one and as large as thirty.

I attached a small screenshot of the basic table structure. I need to be able to add multiple SME's to the one tasking... Thanks everyone. Sorry to be asking such a basic question, but the proper terms are not coming to mind to find what I need on the internet or in other parts of this forum.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 86

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
You create a sub-form based on the junction table (smeTaskingTable). From the sounds of it now you have a form based on your Tasks, you need to create a new one based on smeTaskingTable with just one input--for smeTaskingID_PK. You then add that form to your Task form linking them by TaskID_PK, that way when you enter a new smeTaskingID_PK into the input area, it automatically assigns whatever task is currently showing in your Task form.

Strike_Eagle

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much, I was having a really bad day thinking wise and just couldn't get past that simple concept. I appreciate your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom