Added layer of security for a signature box (1 Viewer)

sheckay

Local time
Today, 04:53
Hello. Is there's a way to set up a cell (used as a signature box) in Access to take in a secret code (per user) that gets matched up with their corresponding signature (initials)? Example, Mike Smith can't just enter MS. He would enter his code 5XR4T when he does MS will appear in the signature box. Is this possible? I need to be able to offer a way of preventing other users from entering someone else's initials in the signoff box. And I figured if there's a way to set up each user with their own secret code that they enter, instead of their initials that would help. I know this is a strange question. Thanks in advance.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:53
Not a strange question, I've got a client that does something similar. Clicking a button to "sign" the document triggers an input box to enter a password. That entry is compared to the user's password stored in an employee table (you can use a recordset or DCount). If valid, the user's signature is added, if not an error is returned.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And now I see this has been crossposted:

sheckay

Local time
And now I see this has been crossposted:

Sorry. I wasn't aware of this being a problem. But, yes, I posted this same question in another forum in hopes of getting help.

sheckay

Local time
Not a strange question, I've got a client that does something similar. Clicking a button to "sign" the document triggers an input box to enter a password. That entry is compared to the user's password stored in an employee table (you can use a recordset or DCount). If valid, the user's signature is added, if not an error is returned.
Wow, thank you for that info. I'll have to look into that and see if I can figure out how to make that happen. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

sheckay

Local time
I posted this to another forum (https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=89285 ) and someone (moke123 ) has given me an example file with code. And it took me a little while to get it going. Then a little while to figure out how it works. But I think I'm going to try to implement that solution. It sounds similar to yours, but slightly different in some ways. So I would like to figure out your recommendation one of these days. But I thank you for pointing me in that direction!!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem, good luck. Moke knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom