adding Values to Graphs (1 Viewer)

sam1fletcher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:44
Hi i was wondering if there is anyway you can add the values onto a graph

eg i have created a bar graph and on each bar would like the value shown on the top of it

Sam

billmeye

Access Aficionado
Local time
Today, 08:44
If you are referring to the data labels, double click on your chart and from the menu, select Chart and then Chart Options and the Data Labels tab select Data Labels. After you add the Data Label, you can choose the location it shows by selecting the label as shown on your chart, right clicking, select formatting and go to the alignment tab to choose location.

sam1fletcher

Registered User.
Local time
my graph is a form in chart veiw. when double clicking on it no menu appears

what you are explaining sounds like it could solve the problem but i just cannot get to chart options

sam

billmeye

Access Aficionado
Local time
If you want to attach your DB I can take a look to make sure nothing unusual is happening and then if I get it to work I'll tell you how.

sam1fletcher

Registered User.
Local time
to be honest mate i cant got some info in it.

is there no other way of getting to chart options. im using ms acces 2010

billmeye

Access Aficionado
Local time
In design mode, select your chart, right click and toward the top you will see Chart Object. Select it and then select Edit and you will see the same as double clicking.

I added an example in case that would help.

Attachments

• ChartExample.zip
    24 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

sam1fletcher

Registered User.
Local time
as i said its a form which default view is pivot chart so when in design mode the for is veiwed not the chart?? any ideas

sam1fletcher

Registered User.
Local time
Legend nice1 found how to do it wasnt straight forward haha

cheers sam

zooropa67

Registered User.
Local time
My experience of using ms access graphs in 2003 is that they are shockingly bad. They're not intuitive to set up or to change and even such an obvious feature as a horizontal scroll bar to scroll back through data isn't built into the graph object as standard. Even trying to update a chart title dynamically can cause the chart to hang up and the only way to recover is to delete the whole graph and start again. Very very flaky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom