Address format in report (1 Viewer)

Lily

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:12
Would there be a solution to this...when I set up my form I made three address fields, Add 1, Add 2, Add 3, then City, etc., each being a separate field. If the address is long, I use all 3 fields. If a short address it may only use Field 1...then I tab to city, etc. When I produce labels, it omits the blank fields and runs the address together. However, when I put the address test boxes like that in a repport, it does not omit the blank fields, therefore, it leaves spaces before it prints the city, etc. I tried to copy the =Trim expression from the label design view, but it did not eliminate the blank spaces on the report address, however, it did realign City, State, Zip...based on the expression used in Label Wizard. Is there a way to get it to omit the blank fields and run address consecutively in a report? Thanks very much for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Liily

You could set the Can Shrink property for each of the text boxes to True and also set the Can Shrink property for the Detail to true.

HTH

Rich

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Lily

Thanks for your e-mail. Usually we try to continue the correspondence via the Access World Forum (in case others want to follow the thread).

Try setting to Yes for Can Shrink (sorry that I suggested True before, but I was doing it from memory).

HTH

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom