Administer SQL Server 2000 database (1 Viewer)

danb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:16
Hi,

I work on several SQL Server 2000 databases and usually do so with Enterprise Manager.

However, since I installed Visual Web Developer Express (to help me move from 'classic' ASP development to .NET development) my version of Enterprise Manager will no longer work.

I got Enterprise Manager installed on my machine by my last employer, so I no longer have the installation disk etc.

Question is, is there a version of Enterprise Manager I can get for free to allow me to continue to work on my SQL Server databases?

Does SQL Server Express 2005 allow me to connect to a SQL Server 2000 database?

Thanks for any help, as I cross my fingers that nothing goes wrong with the databases until I can access them again!

danb

Registered User.
Local time
I've just installed 'Microsoft Server Management Studio' (a free application) which seems to be able to connect to my SQL Server 2000 databases. I'm not sure how it works though yet, since it's quite different from Enterprise Manager. So far I can't see any GUI to create tables etc. Sure it has something though...

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
First thing would try is doing a repair of .net framework,

if that doesn't work then you can use sql server 2005 tools the connect to sql server 2000 databases but make sure you have upgraded the SQL SERVER 2000 server to SQL SP4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom