Access Version: Access 97
Environment: Windows NT 4.0
Network: Novell

Files I have created and location:

C:\ABC\ABC.mdb application
C:\ABC\ABC Data.mdb data

Application: to be put on network shared drive to be shared with 15 users

Need to do the following:

Administration: Install the application to the 15 users PCs and have the application linked back to the ABC Data.mdb tables automatically.

Security: Create a security module to allow user access based on their logon id

Create something to track who created the record and who modified the record last.

What I think I should do:

In the ABC.mdb file on the share drive link the tables back to the ABC Data.mdb file via the autoexec on open so everytime the user executes the ABC application it will link back
to the ABC Data file on the network.

Create a directory in the shared drive with the ABC.mdb and ABC Data.mdb files.

Batch file to create a directory on the users hard drive and copy the files to their hard drive.

What I have tried to do but with no success:

Using the Wrkgadm.exe file create a new workgroup (succeed but can't seem to acess anything to create new users accounts). I can only join the workgroup.

I have created a logon screen requesting user id and password (but I don't know how to use it in the application).

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 04:28
the Wrkgadm.exe only does exactly what you say it does, joins you with a workgroup. I suggest reading (multiple times) the security faq on Microsoft's website as you are off base with your vision of security. You need to understand it more.

Autoeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom