AfterUpdate not working (1 Viewer)

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:59
Hi,

I'm probably overlooking something quite simple, but here's my problem.

I am using Mile's pop up calendar to populate a text field with a date, this works fine. On the AfterUpdate of that field I have two subforms requerying, the problem is that it isn't working. The date changes and the requery never happens - I tried to use the Change event as well, but this didn't work either.

The two subforms are build from queries and I am sure I'm calling them properly as I had it working when I was using the date time picker, however I abandoned the date time picker for the pop up calendar as I was having trouble packaging the database with that particular active x control.

Any thoughts as to why this might not be working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
After the code that calls the calender ( i am presuming this opens dialog) -Put in lines of code to requery the subforms.

(the update event wont run if the value is changed in code)

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Pauldohert said:
After the code that calls the calender ( i am presuming this opens dialog) -Put in lines of code to requery the subforms.

(the update event wont run if the value is changed in code)

Thanks, I was thinking this... The problem here is that I use the calendar with the module in many different places (I call the module whcih launches the calendar) so I guess I'll have to code a new calendar as well.

Thanks again.
J

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
However you call the calender try the requery of the subforms the line after - - unless I'm misunderstanding you shouldn't have to change any of the calendar at all.

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Pauldohert said:
However you call the calender try the requery of the subforms the line after - - unless I'm misunderstanding you shouldn't have to change any of the calendar at all.

The problem I'm having is that I am calling the calendar on the onclick event of the textbox - as a result, if I add the lines to requery the subforms it does it only when I initially click the text box, not after the new value has been added.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Try changing the code which opens the calender to open it dialog - so the code stops running until the calender is closed (I am presuming this is a access form all of its own) then when the subform requeries the date should have already been changed

DoCmd.OpenForm , "formname", , , , acDialog

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your help Paul! I got it to work, I actually ended up placing a calendar control on the form itself, and setting it's default to hidden, then when nI click on the date it unhides the calendar until the user selects a date - then it refreshes the queries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom