Another Form/Query Problem (1 Viewer)

clauses

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:13
Every time I open my query based form it creates a new record in the file so that the next time I open it I get a duplicate record error. Is there a property I can set in the form or the query to stop the creation of the new record.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
Why is it creating a new record?

Is there some code in the Load or Open event of your form that causes a calculation to run and store something in your table? Forms don't usually do this unless told to...a little more information will help us help you...

clauses

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:13
I'm not sure? The user selects an item from a combo box that is also on the form. The value they selected is moved to a textbox that is a parameter for the query the form is based on. The form is they requeryed to use the records the user selected and it is after the requery has been perfromed that the new record is created. If they select an item that has two records in the file, three items are now listed and they can use the navagation buttons to move to the new record. The query this form is base on uses two files one of whihc is used to add/update records, the other file is used for informational purposes only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom