Solved Any free template on diary exercise available on the net? (1 Viewer)

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:37
Hello.
The hospital asks us to do a 6 months diary exercise in order to improve and balance our job plans. Every day we will need to record our activities and time spent on each activity. I think I will do it with the help of MS Access. I wonder if there is anything already created for this purpose which I can modify and use?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 01:37
You might be able to reuse this.
It is a year tracker. You can click on any day and select an "absence code" and time spent. In your case just go to the absence codes table and rename them to different activities (jogging, swimming, cardio, lifting, yoga).
The only issue is that I hard coded it to allow only two codes per day, but you can simply change that or remove the line of code that enforces it. You would have a year visual of the days and the activity codes with times.

The only issue is that times are listed as elapsed times. If you want something more that is like an Outlook calendar and you want start and stop times for activities then look at my modification of the peter hibbs calendar. I added codes. The only issue with the peter hibbs calendar is that it is set up for single user. If you want multiple users then it will take pretty significant code updates.

LarryE

Local time
Yesterday, 22:37
Is there a standard set of Activities that the hospital wants to track that each employee performs?

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Is there a standard set of Activities that the hospital wants to track that each employee performs?
Yes, there will be a standard list of activities divided in two categories, same for each employee. each Employee records their activities individually. They select activity and click start button. When finished they click stop button.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 01:37
Wouldn't that be better as a phone app if somehow you are clicking start and stop buttons? You should see if there is a free app to do that. I know for sure there are paid apps that do that and then push the data to a web site to consolidate multiple user data. But for god's sake it is a hospital. If anyone should be serious about this they should. They should invest in a real fitness tracking program like fitbits or Oura rings. Other businesses do.

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Wouldn't that be better as a phone app if somehow you are clicking start and stop buttons? You should see if there is a free app to do that. I know for sure there are paid apps that do that and then push the data to a web site to consolidate multiple user data. But for god's sake it is a hospital. If anyone should be serious about this they should. They should invest in a real fitness tracking program like fitbits or Oura rings. Other businesses do.
I don’t think a phone app would suit us. Our manger will gather data from everyone for analysis. So it has to be a file on a computer. It’s on departmental level so we don’t have funding to purchase expensive system like fitness tracking.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Another option might be Google Sheets, with each employee using their own workbook and the manager referring to all those workbooks?

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Another option might be Google Sheets, with each employee using their own workbook and the manager referring to all those workbooks?
I was thinking about workbook or excel. I’ve got even a ready to use excel template from BMA. The thing is this all looks quite complex and rigid. I want it in access. I have already started designing the DB. Hopefully I will manage to do it myself. I just thought if there has already been anything developed.

LarryE

Local time
Maybe you can use this template I had. I adapted it for your purpose.
  1. Add your employees
  2. Add your categories
  3. Add each activity for each category
  4. For each Activity, select and add each employee and their individual dates and times
Click the Report button to open a report I made by employee. Of course you can copy the report, rename it and change the grouping sequence for your purposes.

Review the relationship window first to learn the design.

Attachments

• HospitalEmployeeActivity.accdb
    2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: lbs

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe you can use this template I had. I adapted it for your purpose.
  1. Add your employees
  2. Add your categories
  3. Add each activity for each category
  4. For each Activity, select and add each employee and their individual dates and times
Click the Report button to open a report I made by employee. Of course you can copy the report, rename it and change the grouping sequence for your purposes.

Review the relationship window first to learn the design.
Hi Larry E
That is very helpful, super! Thank you very very much. I will expand this and create more reports.

LarryE

Local time
Hi Larry E
That is very helpful, super! Thank you very very much. I will expand this and create more reports.
Very very basic. You'll want to put totals on the form for hours I'm sure and maybe change the Activity Hours forms Record Source to filter the active EmployeeID. Hope it gets you started in the right direction.

Reactions: lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom