Any Ideas on Exporting Reports to PowerPoint? (1 Viewer)

photoguy53

photographer
Local time
Today, 03:47
I have a database that contains about 20 reports that I have designed. Here is the problem. How to export these report's pages onto PowerPoint slides?

Any ideas?

I've used the built in Tools/Office Links/Publish it with Word, and Publish it with Excel to no avail. What I'm looking for is to get PowerPoint slides the way it looks in Access.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 08:47
Bring the report up in print preview mode with as many of the toolbars etc switched off and then Ctrl+Print Scrn to copy the screen to clipboard.

Have Powerpoint open (should had said that first) right click and Paste

L

photoguy53

photographer
Local time
Thanks

Thanks Len, I'll give that a try and see how the quality looks.
I'm also thinking of acquiring and using "Snag-It" to grab screen shots.

mhelmrich

Local time
Today, 02:47
You could also export the report as a Rich Text Doc (MS WORD) then insert the Word Doc into PPT..

photoguy53

photographer
Local time
I've already tried the export to rich text, unfortunatley, it loses all the formatting from the Access report, in is very labor intensive for making the report look good again. Some of these reports are 22 pages long, and each page in MS Word has to be re-formatted.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 08:47
Basically you install full Acrobat on your pc. You then get a virtual printer called distiller. So you bring the report up in Access and send it to the printer called Distiller. This creates the pdf file

There is a free pdf creator on the web if you search for it I am told.

Len

#1AccessDummy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:47
once you get into pdf acrobat can nicely export to powerpoint if you still want powerpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom