Aphantasia - 1 in 10 have it (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:47
I recently discovered that I have Aphantasia.

What is aphantasia!
There are various sorts, the main one of interest is the inability to create a mental image.

When you have trouble getting to sleep people will say "count sheep" in other words imagine sheep jumping over a style. I can't do that, well not with minds eye images.

Other versions are not being able to hear a song or music in your head.

And a version which has only recently come to my attention, the memory of eating food, of remembering the taste, the texture. This was the worst Discovery for me, the knowledge that I don't have that ability.

SDAM -
This is related to Aphantasia in that there is a disconnect between memories of your childhood and other things, events and the like.

More info Here:-

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:47
Might also explain the apparent disconnect from reality I've seen in some of your posts here.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:47
Reality is overrated, G.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:47
the apparent disconnect from reality
Actually the way I understand it, some people who are able to run the equivalent of YouTube videos in the heads have a problem in differentiating between what they see in their mind's eye and reality. There must be a lot of people with this problem in the Biden administration!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:47
The problem in the Biden administration is Biden.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:47
The problem in the Biden administration is Biden.

The administration and their accomplices in the press are running the show, Biden is just a tool to push the party line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom