Append new data into Both Parent and Child (1 Viewer)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 06:03
It gives no one any pleasure to have to point out the flaws in a design over which someone has labored for considerable time. Yet, it happens over and over. Creating a useable relational database application does require more than good intentions. As The_Doc_Man -- and others -- have noted, the best time to correct a problem is always right now.

mounty76

Registered User.
Local time
I don't see an issue with the design, just not sure you're fully understanding the needs of the DB as a whole. The Doc man said after seeing the relational diagram that he sees nothing wrong with the design. It works well without any issues.

I had an issue with the Subscription table. I have it working now with two append queries.

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
What he actually said is "Your post of your relationship diagram crossed with my response. I see nothing wrong with that diagram."

That does not imply the overall design is adequate. In fact, the problem is in the way the Subscription table is set up.

Show us the ENTIRE relationship diagram for all tables, if you would please.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:03
I'm too far down this path already to change that now,
I hate to jump onto this bandwagon but this concept is as important as they get. Every single one of us who is telling you to fix this now, has been in the same boat.

Your foundation is cracked. You will be wasting time patching it until you eventually give up working on trying to fix this application. The earlier you can fix a flaw, the less work it takes regardless of how overwhelming it seems to you at this moment.

mounty76

Registered User.
Local time
The fundamentals of the DB are good, it was the subscription table that wasn't correct. I've amended this now and it is all working fine, thanks for everyone's input as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom