Solved Arrange fields in Report (1 Viewer)

FahadTiger

Local time
Today, 19:15
Hi Experts
I know how to hide the fields that have no value in the report..but I don't know how to arrange the fields that have a value..I mean one by one without the hidden fields spaces
Is there any suggestion?
thank you so much my Experts

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:15
How did you create report? Are controls in a layout group? Remove the layout grouping and controls are much easier to size and arrange

However, controls without data will still occupy spacing on report, even if not visible. Not much can be done about that. If field has no data for any record, why does field exist?

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:15
Let's start by saying that normally, fields in a "standard" Access report are based on fixed columns. If you have a field which is null or has a zero length string (ZLS) then on the report that field will take up the amount of space originally allocated.

When you talk about removing the spaces taken up by a blank field, we have to clarify whether this is a case where your columns actually have no headings, or whether perhaps there are SOME fields that can be blank within a group and you merely want to compress the group but leave other fields aligned with their columns.

Can you explain what you are trying to do? Normally, you don't arrange ANYTHING in a report because Access does that for you. So... what needs to be arranged, in what way, and WHY does it need arranging (presumably because Access isn't doing something)?

FahadTiger

Local time
Today, 19:15
thank you so much for your replying
I found it by chance ..Not out of thought
when I maked stacked for all textbox .. and then removed layout ..Everything went fine
The spaces between fields with no value are gone
Awesome access.. you're reading my thoughts:)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:15
Ah, you found the layout controls. June was on the right track, then, when she asked about layouts. I tend to forget about layouts because I try to never use them.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:15
I don't use layouts either. I think the people who like the layouts are the same people who like web pages that you have to scroll both horizontally and vertically because they are so spread out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom