Auto correction/spelling not working. (1 Viewer)

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:52
Hi,

I'm having trouble with with auto correction (red lines etc.) showing under words spelled wrong. The option for auto correction is turned on, but it does not show. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be set correctly. I have also tried re-installing Office 2007, without any luck. Any ideas anyone?

I'm new to Office 2007, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 13:52
maybe this will help:

click the 'orb', go right to the bottom, where there is a button called "Word Options". then check the following:

HTH

Attachments

• Spelling options Word.jpg
    Spelling options Word.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 804

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked these settings, and they are the same as yours. It still won't
mark a word with a red 'line' if it's spelled incorrectly. Any others ideas?

Thanks again

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
if you type just one or two words, the squiggly lines don't show up straight away (i noticed)...

does it trigger the lines after a you type few words (maybe you're just too good a speller!)?

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
I have tested this using only a single word as well as a whole sentence with intentional misspelled words. Have also used inserted a line shift, but it won't show, when it should have. You can use the spell checker (F7), and it says there is no spelling errors. If I toggle the settings you so nicely posted previously, it makes no difference. It's just like the dictionary isn't there.

That's why I tried re-installing, but it made no difference. I guess the user profile for Office isn't cleared out or something's left in the registry.

It has worked earlier, but 'something' has happened. How would I go about to make a new clean installation, without inherriting something from the previous installation? I could also try to create a new user account in Vista, and see if it's the same problem. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks for your interest. Much appreciated :)

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
here's something i found using google:

What did work for me was to go to the Word Options in Word>Add-Ins >Manage
(Selct disabled items). In that list, i found that the English dictionary
had been disabled. I decided to enable it and the spell check was working!
Thank you for reading my question and offering your advice.

maybe the dictionary you are using has also been disabled - i see you are in norway, so maybe this is something you need to look at? i just tried to follow that person's explanation, but i didn't see any english language add-on, BUT my laptop's and software's native language is english, so perhaps that's why.

is grammar checker working?

have you tried google?

geralf

Registered User.
Local time
Hi there, and thanks again.

This is interesting. The problem isn't on my computer, but a neighbour's, and since it's midnight here soon, I can't try it out now.

I'll post back the result when we have taken a look at it.

Haven't tested the grammar correction, but will check this as well.

Haven't tried Google myself, but I think this forum is a great resource, and have used it a lot earlier when developing Access databases.

Thanks for the help once again, and I'll let you know how it worked out.

Have a nice day:)

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
good night. you're a good neighbour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom