Solved AutoFill Fix Name in Form (1 Viewer)

Jayessh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:39
I have Two Tables One is
tblEmpMast - having Employee master details

tblSalaryDetails - This table takes name from tblEmpMast and rest attendance details

RelationSheep
One to Many
tblEmpMast => tblSalaryDetails

I have One From FrmAttendanceEntry to fill Records
now every time (Once in a month while making SalarySheet)

I need to select name from DropDown in FrmAttendanceEntry and then Month (Oct-2020) and then Attendance

I am planing when user will open Form FrmAttendanceEntry, the form just ask Month First and give all records having EmpName AutoFilled and Month Autofilled, So user will type only Attendance Details

Is it Possible...???

1604661359874.png

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:09
see Form2.

Attachments

• Database1 (1).accdb
    1.4 MB · Views: 93

Jayessh

Registered User.
Local time
No I think I was unable to explain in my thread post

Every month at time of salary I have to fill the records in SalaryDetails Table but every time name of the Employees are same so Why should user select those names from dropdown

is it possible user'll get all the name ready in entry form and user just need to fill Attendance details in front of every Employee and save the records in one go

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:09
I do not recommend adding batches of empty records and then filling them in but this seems to be what you want to do. So, do it. Run an append query that selects all the active people and append the rows to the time table. Don't forget to include the necessary month field. Use a combo on a form to choose the month and another field for the year. Default the year to the current year or write code to look for December so you can default to the previous year.

Don't forget to have a unique index on your time table for Employee and month to ensure no duplicates are entered. This is especially important if you run an append query to add bulk records.

Jayessh

Registered User.
Local time
I do not recommend adding batches of empty records and then filling them in but this seems to be what you want to do. So, do it. Run an append query that selects all the active people and append the rows to the time table. Don't forget to include the necessary month field. Use a combo on a form to choose the month and another field for the year. Default the year to the current year or write code to look for December so you can default to the previous year.

Don't forget to have a unique index on your time table for Employee and month to ensure no duplicates are entered. This is especially important if you run an append query to add bulk records.
Thank You Very Much Pat Hartman... Your Idea was fantastic....

I routed all flow of Salary Attendance Entry Form through multiple types of queries....
First all working Employee list appended to "Current Records" table with auto "Month" Field filled from Form
then it will filled by entry form then one button will copy those filled records to main "Salary Details" Table on which all queries and reports based, then then button delete all the records from that Temp "Current Records" Table using Delete Query...

Thada...!

Thank You so much for your Idea

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:09
It's a bad idea as I said but if it works for you, go with it. You have to be diligent to prevent "empty" records from accumulating once you go down this road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom