Automating search for Word mail merge data sources (1 Viewer)

Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
We are updating our SQL Server this Wednesday night and a last minute issue has cropped up to threaten our implementation.

We are changing all of our Access front ends to use DSN-less connections and won't be updating the DSNs on the client machines. We did a pretty thorough check of all the Access MDB front-ends that connect to the server so we could update them to use the DSN-less connection. The assumption up until this afternoon was that all of the mail merge Word documents connected to one of the MDB files to get their data. However that assumption has been called into question today and I know little about mail merge documents.

What I'd like to know is if there is a Word object that I can use in VBA to find the data source for the current mail merge on a Word document. My intent is to iterate through all the mail merge docs (they're thankfully all in the same directory on the network) and then check to see if any of the data sources point at the SQL Server (which is undesirable).

Does anybody know of a way to use Word automation to find out the mail merge data source?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:02

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom