Autopopulate not working (1 Viewer)

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:15
Which form and if you used the cbo wizard, did you select option #3? What version of Access are you using?

GreenshootProgrammer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:15
I used the to wizard to create the combo box, I don't think there is a third option, Access 2013.

(I tried creating the combo box in 2007 but it didn't work)

Could it be the relationships, main query, or main form properties?

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
I used the to wizard to create the combo box, I don't think there is a third option, Access 2013.

(I tried creating the combo box in 2007 but it didn't work)

Could it be the relationships, main query, or main form properties?
No Option #3 almost always means that it is not a bound form (no RecordSource). Which Form are you talking about?

GreenshootProgrammer

Registered User.
Local time
What is the Record Source of the Form?

I created the form from a query made up from all the tables, but when I look at the record source for the form it lists the tables.

No Option #3 almost always means that it is not a bound form (no RecordSource). Which Form are you talking about?

The invoice form.

Last edited:

GreenshootProgrammer

Registered User.
Local time
When I try to select a different customer id from the combo box in the main form it won't let me and it makes a pinging noise. May there be a problem with the main query?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
You're right about no Option #3 in the wizard, which may be because your Record Source does not return any records. Do you think it should? It does not seem to have the same joins and your Relationship screen.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
When I try to select a different customer id from the combo box in the main form it won't let me and it makes a pinging noise. May there be a problem with the main query?
That cbo is bound and the "pinging" is because the Record Source of the Form is not updateable.

GreenshootProgrammer

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for taking a look at it, do you know how I would go about trying to solve this problem? I created three invoice entries and I've tried changing the record source to the query but I still seem to get it working.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Why are you using Text fields as the ID fields? They should really be AutoNumber fields and the Foreign Key fields in the other tables should be Long Integer fields.

GreenshootProgrammer

Registered User.
Local time
Got it working I needed to change the query. I needed to change the customer id source from the customer table to the invoice table. ^^ Thanks for your time though RuralGuy, your an asset to this community.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
It would seem to me that the "Invoice" form would have a query of the tblCustomer table as its Record Source. That should give you Option #3 for the cbo wizard. Just the Customer information belongs on the top of the form.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks Linq. That is a situation of which I was not aware.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:15
Actually Leo, theDBguy, only came across it recently, but has been trying to spread the word! I've been fascinated by Access/VBA for so many years, primarily because if you're serious about it, there's always something new to learn!

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom