Background of SubReport turns grey after first page (1 Viewer)

Daveyk01

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:01
Created a sub-report (tried same thing using a sub-form on the report) on the main report. At the top of the main report is a graph. Directly below it is the data that supports the graph.

I am finding that if the sub-report had enough data to grow beyond Page 1 (of the main report), after the first page, the background turns grey and is from the left border to the right boarder. I don't understand that since the subreport is failrly centered on the page and does not have many field to grow wider.

The first page is perfect. It is like the subreport backgound is translucent.

I have a gold background on the entire report. It is basically a gold boarder used as a background (sort of like a certificate boarder). When pages after page 1 get that gray sub-report issue, the background report boarder is over-printed.

If I use a sub-form (datasheet) instead of a sub-report, it does the same thing, but only on the even pages. On the odd pages (ie., 1, 3, etc), it looks fine and the gold boarder prints fine without the subform background turning grey and taking up the entire left-right width of the report.

I have been beating my head against the wall :banghead:trying to figure out this problem. This shouldn't be that hard. Access shouldn't be doing this to me.:rolleyes:

I have attched an example of what Access is doing. It is the PDF low quality output, 3 pages of the 9 page report.

Attachments

• EnvironmentalReport_SharedLogger_forCert For Sample.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:01
In A2007 +, some sections have alternate background colors. Just make the alternate the same as the background. This is used to give what old timers used to call the "green bar" effect. Remember when mainframe printouts alternated between white and green (other colors were available but green was most common) lines.

Daveyk01

Registered User.
Local time
Yup, I know how to do the green bar lines (pretty cool actually and yes, I used to have that kind of paper in my wide dot matix printer all those years ago). Unfortunitely, thar us not what us happening here.

Dave

Daveyk01

Registered User.
Local time
More: run sub-report by iteself and print, it does not do that greying after first page. Removed back ground picture (gold border) - still does it.

Main report still does this effect when the subreport overflows first page.

P.S. - just decompiled and that did not help. Sometimes that fixes weird problems.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:01
Did you make sure that the background and alternate background of both the main report and subreport had the same value?

Daveyk01

Registered User.
Local time
Did you make sure that the background and alternate background of both the main report and subreport had the same value?

;)
Good gosh, you know the simplest things! I have spend litterally hours back and fourth between the sub-report and the main report trying everything imaginable.

I took your suggestion seriously, even though I thought "Yes, I have done that, how silly do you think I am ....." - LOL. Well for the Headers, footer and detail sections, the Back Color was 'Background 1' for everything. They are all the same <exsplisive deleted>!!. I'll show him, I'll change them all to '#FFFFFF' it won't make any difference! I did that to both the sub and main report. <heh heh heh> (by now the evil mad scientist growling and mumbling are happening) I'll show you! I ran the report to create the PDF. The fricking grey bars, after the first page are gone!

I owe you a bottle of Scotch sir!:D

This Access 2010 is nicer than my previous environment of Access 2000, but it contains evil, miserable crap like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom