Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:49
how to create backup button on main form ? plz help me

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 10:49
The is no "Back" button as such in Access. You could simulate behavior like this by creating buttons on a form but being able to move "back" and/or "forward" is not normal actions available for use in Access. You seem to be trying to have Access be like a webpage. That is not what Access does. Access is a database development application.

mujib ur rahman

Registered User.
Local time
Mr.B: i mean to press on button and create backup of my database ...... like in office button we go to manage and take backup ,,,,, i need to done this job by button on my form,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks for sugesstion

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 10:49
All that is required to back up your database is to make copies of the files involved.

If your database consists of only one file then you would need to create VBA code that would make a copy of your database file. If your database consists of more that one file (front-end and back-end) then you would need to make copies of each of the files to get a complete backup of the application.

If you do not know about "split" database application design, then you need to do some searching using one of the search engines or search here on the forum for information about "Splitting an Access Database".

Once you have the database split, you can then make a backup of just the back-end file to backup your data. The front-end file would only be distributed to users and therefore would not need to be "backed up" like the data file.

Here is a link to get you started:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/split-an-access-database-HA010342026.aspx

mujib ur rahman

Registered User.
Local time
i used access 2007 and i dont know vba code for backup if u send me backup code for button i shall be very thank full to u,,,,, because i m new developer and weak in coding : Mr B

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom