basic internal functions not working (1 Viewer)

cargobay 69

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:02
I have created a complete and fully functional Access database using MS Access 97. When running the application on the computer that I created it on, everything works great, no problems.
However, when I run it on any other computer, errors occur when it tries to execute certain basic internal functions such as Chr() or Date(). The Chr() method is used in a message box prompt as Chr(13) in order to start a new line. When Access attempts to run or compile the code, the error says "Unable to locate expression used in [code where method is used]" or "Sub or function not defined". Date() is used in a query statement. It generates similar errors.
Again, everything works fine on my computer, but errors of this sort occur on other computers but only when internal functions are used. The errors stop when I remove the functions. I am also 100% sure that there are no spelling or syntax errors.
Can anybody tell me why the internal functions are not supported on other computers. Also what can I do to fix them? Any help is appreciated.

By the way, reinstalling Access doesn't help and the same errors occur after the database is converted and ran as an Access 2000 mdb.

Thanks,
Darrin - CB69

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Sounds suspiciously like a missing reference; there are a whole bunch of threads on that topic, for example this one
Or do a search of all forums for missing reference

HTH

Mike

cargobay 69

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Mike. I've got it working correctly now. Turns out it was an missing reference to an unused ocx file that was not installed on the other computers. Not sure how that would effect it, but deselecting it cleared up all problems.

Thanks again
Darrin - CB69

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom