book recommendation (1 Viewer)

J

jccomputer70

Im sure this question has been asked many times by many people on this board... Looking for some recommendations for a good, comprehensive reference for an "experienced beginner" with MS Ac. 2000. Ive been relatively happy with the "4 Dummies" series but I need a good reference that goes into more detail without requiring me to have a programmer's acumen. Thanks.

Roni Sutton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:12
I do not know if it exists for 2000, but my 'Bible' has been the Access97 Developer's Handbook by Paul Litwin, Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert. Even though I mostly develop in 2000 now, I still use this book fairly frequently.

J

jccomputer70

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. It sounds as though this book you suggest is for more advanced users, do you think that the beginner (such as myself) could still use it as a reference without getting overwhelmed?

Roni Sutton

Registered User.
Local time
I believe it would work for you. I had been away from programming for several years and needed to get back into it. I initially used it for reference - looked up things in the index when I needed to know how to do them. But as I looked things up, I began reading the chapters around them. You might just go to a book store and thumb through it to see.

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
myself i have learnt access through the access 2000 bible gold edition (£55) it is not very brilliant but does teach quite a lot of the basics, i can not find too much very heavy stuff in it, but it does cover the most used points very well, but for advanced programmers as i am becommin, it is not much use, i find its not advanced enough.

DAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom