bound boxes (1 Viewer)

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:53
I feel V. stupid asking this but I cant remember how to make things bound to a table e.g. I have a combo box and want it to save to a table after the choice has been made..Help!:eek:

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
:eek: yep thanks a lot...I am as daft as I thought sorry to have bothered you for that:) I have tooth ache so I kinda have an excuse 4 being this daft today.

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
emm.. I have used the expression builder to make one of my boxes calculate something I did this in properties controll source...now when I try to make the box bound to my table it doesnt do the calculation??:eek: :eek: I think I should go home??

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
I am now an offical member of Col gang..check the flag. Anyone else want to join..lynsey?

Hayley

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just to mention that the Scottish flag is available for our friends north of the border if you prefer. Email me if you want it.

Col

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
emm.. I have used the expression builder to make one of my boxes calculate something I did this in properties controll source...now when I try to make the box bound to my table it doesnt do the calculation??:eek: :eek: I think I should go home??

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Yes - sorry Lynsey - now where were we?

Oh yes - are you still talking about a comboBox now or a text box.?

Hayley - Stand by for an animated flag next to Ally's name.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Do the calculation in the 'default value' bit then put the field name from the table in the control source.

I sent you a flag by email - have you not got it yet?

Col

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
not got the flag.
If I do that it doesnt show my calculation in NoofDoses.

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
If I do the code for calculation in default value it doesnt do the calculation at all and it doent display it either...you can however type a number and that saves to the table..... but I need the calculated number to save to table not just a manual entry?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
ok Lynsey - lets get this nailed!

You've got a [StartDate] and a [StopDate] and you want the difference to be in another field - yes?

Firstly - why do you need to save the calculated data? It can be calculated when you need it in queries etc.

Secondly - If you write some code on exit of the [StopDate] - you can do the calulation there then add result to populate the Diff box.

Your code would be something like

Me.DiffBox = DateDiff("d",[StartDate],[StopDate])

Hope this helps

Col

R

Rich

Just put =DateDiff("d",[StartDate],[StopDate]) as the control source for NoOfDoses. You don't need and shouldn't store the result unless you lock the fields.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Check your mail

Lynsey

check your mail...I cannot open the database you sent me. What version of access are you using? I am using a2k.

Hayley

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Resend?

Well in that case I cannot understand why I cannot open it. Hows about resending it again. All I am getting is unrecognised database format, which usally happens if diff versions are being used.

Hayley

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Got it ok but it is password protected so I still can't open.

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
Any luck? Not working as such today as I have an Induction/fire&safty Training day all day but came in early to see how things looked?
urgh Mondays:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom