Broadcast emails (1 Viewer)

alguzman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:03
I have a membership form with their emails on the form. I have the code for their email address on double click open our email programs with there address in the send to field. What I would like to do is query out certin member types and somehow have their emails put into outlook express (broadcast emails) without manually entering each email or sending the email one at a time. Al Guzman

shacket

Registered User.
Local time
I had to accomplish this through code. It was very tedious. The problem was that a field in the e-mail (like the Bcc line) can only hold 255 characters. So if you want to add all of the names, their characters can't surpass the 255 barrier.

One way to do this would be to have VB send an e-mail out with the message you type to each of the recipients individually using the SendObject command.

I had to use code to cycle through each record (in a query or table) and add them to a separate contact folder in Outlook (I use Outlook, not Express). I then create a Distribution List with those contacts. (It deleted all entries in the folder the next time I make a list)

If you find an easier way, let me know.

HTH

alguzman

Registered User.
Local time
Talismanic thanks works fine and I can work with it, but is there a way I can have one email window open and have everyone in the query in that one email in CC line etc..

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
I don't think that you can fill the to: and cc: that way but if you modify the SendMail command by adding a false to it like this:

DoCmd.SendObject , , , strEmail, , , "Subject", "Message Text", False

It will send it to all without prompting you. If you need to edit the message or subject line you will have to do that with code. You could do it statically like above or dynamically by using a few variables in your form.

By the way, I could be wrong about filling the To: and CC: Maybe some one who knows better will correct me if that's so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom