Button styles (1 Viewer)

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:41
I have a DB designed in A2k originally which uses a tabbed control as the main input form. in A2K the tabbed form was greyish as were the tabs and buttons. THis all worked fine.
I recently converted to A2003, using windows theme which looke quite good except that the tabbed form turned a shaded white colour and all the sub forms retained the original grey. I have tried changing all the sub forms to the background colour of the tabbed form but as it's a shaded colour scheme it cant be matched and looks awful. In addition the scroll bars have retained the original grey colour and look pretty bad too.

I have now turned off the windows theme and it has now reverted back to the A2K colour scheme.

However I like the style of the A2003 command buttons and would like to use them but I have not been able to find anyway of reproducing them.

I was wondering if anyone had managed to be able to do that and if so how it was done as none of the references I have found so far mention it.

Cheers

Rats

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:41
Thanks for the response Oldsoftboss.
If that is the case is there any method of making sub forms a matching theme? In O2k I made the sub forms the same colour so that they became part of the tabbed control but if someone loads my program on O2003 and selects "Use Windows theme" the result is messy with different coloured boxes over the shaded white background. Just making them white is still not a good match due to the shaded background.

To top it off, with Office 07, users can now select a blue theme which changes the tab control to blue and it looks terrible again.

I think i've read somewhere on this forum that you can make the tab control transparent with a coloured rectangle behind. I'll check that out to see if that helps.

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:41
One way is to set the tab buttons to none and then place labels or button about where the tabs would be. Then in the "On Click" event set the focus to one of the controls on the particular tab.

Messy, but may be a chance.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom