Solved Calculate and Store Number-Doubles with two Decimal places Only (1 Viewer)

Sha

Local time
Today, 19:28
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create Sales and Collection System. I have number fields stored as Double. Most of these are calculated in the form level.
In the after update event of the Gross Sales, Taxable Sales, Vat , Withholding Tax and Net of EWT are calculated but I want it to store only the value rounded to two decimal places instead of the exact calculated number.

Gross Sales: Input

Calculations:

Taxable Sales: Gross Sales/(1.12)
Vat: Taxable Sales * 12%
EWT: Taxable Sales * Tax Rate
Net of EWT: Gross Sales - EWT

Hope you could help me with this. Thank you !

Sha

Local time
Today, 19:28
Silly me, I forgot the round function 🤦‍♂️ Now it's all good.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:28
You shouldn't store calculated values. From all the fields you listed above only [Gross Sales] and [Tax Rate] should be fields in tables. The rest should live in a query where you do all those calculations and apply the Round() function.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:28
Also, instead of using double to store currency, try using the currency field. It will avoid rounding errors. I use it for any number I use in calculations as long as I never need more than 4 decimal digits. Don't confuse the currency data type with the currency format. They are different. Currency data type fields can be formatted as you would format any number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom