Calculate time lapse with exclusions (1 Viewer)

kmacdonald

Local time
Today, 17:55
Right now I am calculating the difference in time (CRT) between when a call came in and when someone closed (or responded) to that call.

DateDiff("n", [ADATECREATE], [ADATERESOLVED])

I would like to take this a step further however and take business hours into consideration. So, if someone calls after 8PM Friday and before 8AM Monday the CRT doesn't look so horrible.
Ideally if they called Friday at 10:00PM and we responded on Monday at 8:45AM, the CRT should only be 45 mins (difference from when we began business again and when we closed the call).

Also the format of my ADATECREATE and ADATERESOLVED fields is:
for example: 04/16/2004 4:16:31 PM

Has anyone created a Module already that does something like this? So I don't have to start from scratch? I have been searcing through the posts this morning and found many close topics, but nothing that really excluded the non-working hours from the calculations.

Thanks
Katie

Dugantrain

I Love Pants
Local time
I have created a similar Module that returns a date for a specified number of business days back, although this isn't what you're needing. The problem is that I assume that you'd need to account for Holiday Dates as well as weekends so things start to get a little hairier.

kmacdonald

Local time
Yes, I needed it by hours too actually.

I did find some code and some help and got what I needed I think. Thank you though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom