Calculation in Query - help please (1 Viewer)

ravynfaire

Local time
Today, 09:43
Hello. I need help understanding how to create a calculated field in a querie. I am a totally newbie at Access and the only reason they have me working on creating a database is because I am the only one in the office with expierence using the program. HEHE. Onto the question.

I have created a query that pulls information from 2 tables - Employees and Project Manhours.

The query has the following information: Employee Name, Employee #, Project #, Phase #, wk 1, wk, 2, wk 3, etc.

It is a basic query with that information being the column names. What my boss would like to happen is to have each column and also each row to be calculated. Now I have no clue how to do that. Also, the information listed under wks will be a percents to equal 100%. Because we are trying to find out what amount of time someone is working a particular project along with what amount of project time the employee is doing.

I tried to create it in a form with excel, but it comes up blank. I have it attached so you can see what I was trying to do, even though I would like to do this in a query. Thank you so much for the help.

Attachments

• test.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 91
Local time
Today, 09:43
The OLE object is locked and is not enabled.

Works OK if I understand what you are trying to do, just enable and unlock the OLE object in design view..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom