Calculation on Report using SubReport (1 Viewer)

Vergy39

Registered User
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
109
I have a main report that shows an associates peices per hour worked (PPH). The associate is rated based on a scale that is determined by the departments average PPH. I have created the scale as a subreport on the main report. Example of scale= Associate receives a rating of 3 if their pph is >= to .4987, receives a rating if 2 if their pph is between .4206 and .4986, receives a rating of 1 if their pph is between .3252 and .4205, and a rating of 0 if their pph is below .3251. Ihave a text box on the main report that has the following string:

=IIf([AccessTotalsAvePPH1]>=([Report.Qry_QuantityScale.3Rating]),"3",IIf([AccessTotalsAvePPH1]>=([Report.Qry_QuantityScale.2Rating]),"2",IIf([AccessTotalsAvePPH1]>=([Report.Qry_QuantityScale.1Rating]),"1",IIf([AccessTotalsAvePPH1]<=([Report.Qry_QuantityScale.0Rating]),0))))

The subreport is called Qry_QuantityScale. the report has fields listed as 3Rating, 2Rating, 1Rating and 0Rating. When I replace the "report.Qry_QuantityScale.3Rating" with the actual numbers in the fields of the Qry_QuantityScale report, the text box returns the correct rating number. The current string gets a "#Name" error. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Happy Holidays
David V.
 

boblarson

Smeghead
Joined
Jan 12, 2001
Messages
32,068
1. make sure you are referring to the subreport CONTROL (control on the main report which HOUSES the subreport - not necessarily the subreport name unless they share the name).

2. I've found that using this method makes it simple to ensure I have the correct syntax.
(the example shows forms and subforms but the concept is the same for reports and subreports)
 

Vergy39

Registered User
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
109
Thanks Bob, I tried this and this makes sense. However, I am still getting an error. It is now the error "#Type". Not sure why this is happening.

Thanks
David V.
 

boblarson

Smeghead
Joined
Jan 12, 2001
Messages
32,068
Remember that Type is an Access Reserved Word. I know it can be scary but I would download VTools (free) and use the Total Deep Search to replace the name with dType or something like that.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom