Calendar View Form (1 Viewer)

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:53
Hi everyone,

My main database for work has a calendar view form I developed years ago which populates text boxes on a form based on the underlying table for technical queries. The form has 42 text boxes which are enabled depending on the start day/end day of the month - see my attached shot to see what I mean.

What I want to do now is develop a similar one by based on the year. So I can see the form being 12 columns with 37 rows which takes into account where the month starts (444 text boxes) I plan to just shown if there has been a technical query recorded for the day not how many.

has anyone done anything similar?

Attachments

• CalendarView.JPG
    CalendarView.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 164

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:53
I think you will struggle to get a whole year on a single access form and view anything on it due to font sizes and actual control sizing etc.

There is also a limit on the number of controls on a single form (I think its 754 for some reason) But this is in the entire lifetime of the form. This thread explains more https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=211166

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Minty
I calculate I would need 444 text boxes, I don't plan on populating them this the monthly one but just indicate with the box background being green

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:53
@Maj - That's neat - I looked at doing this for a whole year (For exactly the same use, employee attendance) and thought better of it due to the size issue, but that is useable.

Mind you I have bigger monitors now.

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
MajP that is amazing. Would I be able to use this with a little modification for my DB?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:53
Would I be able to use this with a little modification for my DB?
Sure, but I see I never finished it. It was an initial demo for the much more involved one discussed in the thread. I do not show how to load it with data. However, may be more interested in this. Select "someone else" as supervisor. This shows how to load each day with data and even color code multiple colors in a single box.

Attachments

• YearView_Attendance_V10.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 146

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
Hi MajP
This is the result of the modifications. I have different colours for the different things and I only colour the day for a received Tech Support call or Issue of RMA. I'm not interested in populating it with an ID as it is an indication.

Now to make the corresponding report...

many thanks for your help

Attachments

• CalendarYearView.jpg
    CalendarYearView.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 137

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
I noticed the days were off by one I had accidentally added another variable in the procedure to fill the boxes which shifted the dates by one.

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
Trying to make a report based on the form to view the year, unfortunately I hit the limit of the report and can only do 1/2 the year at a time so I guess the report is not going to happen when I can use Ctrl+P and print the form.

MajP

Local time
I would not think there would be an issue. Can you better explain the issue?

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, no problems

I copied all the labels and text boxes from the form over to the report and the report limit for objects is 754 I think, so it won't copy more that about half way through November - see the attached image. the report is a new report so there are no objects with it

Attachments

• CalendarReportFail.jpg
    CalendarReportFail.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 118

MajP

Local time
That's interesting. I would have thought that forms and reports would have the same limit. When I built the form I used code to build it. I am wondering if that allowed me to exceed the limit. I will test.

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
it is a possibility sometimes you can override limits with code

MajP

Local time
Interesting. It appears that you can. I was able to create 800 controls in code.

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
Interesting. It appears that you can. I was able to create 800 controls in code.

MajP can you install wisdom to me and share your findings with me

many thanks

Cliff

MajP

Local time
From my testing the limits vary depending on if it is a form or a report, and the type of controls. On a report with text boxes and labels, I too only get 814. So you would have to use multiple sub reports to make it work.

Cliff67

Registered User.
Local time
MajP thanks for the tip I was wondering if I had to do some jiggery pokerery to get it to work. I was thinking 2 separate reports however and just print them off together, but a sub report of the second half of the year will do nicely just need to align the reports up correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom