Can I Conditional Sum on a Form? (1 Viewer)

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:43
I have a Continuous Form which includes three Controls:

Principal - Currency
RefinanceAmount - Currency
APLBank - Text

On the footer or Header of the Form I would like two Unbound Controls.

One to Sum Principal Less RefinanceAmount where APLBank = BSP
The other to Sum Principal less RefinanceAmount where APLBank = ANZ

Can this be done and how?

By an unbound Control and IIF or by VBA??:confused:

evanscamman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:43
Unbound control should work.

I need to make sure I understand what you want.

Is the Principal Less RefinanceAmount for a single record or for all records that match your criteria?

Are BSP and ANZ the only possible entries for APLbank? I think you may want to use a ComboBox instead of a text field here.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Thanks Evan, Managed to get it all working and have gone to town with calculations all over the form.

This form is a Daily Total form so the Combo Box is used in an earlier form where the actual task is performed and a bank selected. Here we just assemble the data and do Sums to arrive at values for GL input.

Will post my methods in a little while. Antivirus scan just kicked in and I will let it have it way for a while.:)

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
How to Conditional Sum on a Form.

In this example I have a Continuous Form with Bound and Unbound Controls (fields in Queries and Tables).

On the Form Footer and Header I have Unbound Controls that Sum the Controls in the Form Detail.

Example: Unbound Control in Form Footer or Header has this in the Control Source box of the Properties Data Tab.
=Sum([BoundControlName]) Substitute BoundControlName for your Control Name.

Where you have more then one of these Unbound Controls that Sum your Data, You can do calculations with these.
=[UnboundControlNameA]-[UnboundControlNameB] again, put in Control Source of your new Control (text box)
Note.. The UnboundControlNameA & B are the Name from your previous unbound controls. You get the Name from the Other Tab on your Control Property.

In example 1 we use the Data Source of the Bound Control but in example 2 we use the Name of the Control. When you create your Unbound Control (text box) the system gives it a name - Change the name to something meaningful But don't repeat a name already used by either a bound or unbound control.

Conditional Sum..

Example Bound Controls in your Form Details are:
SalePrice (Currency), Delivered (Text yes or No)
To Sum the Sale Price where Delivered is "Yes"

=Sum(IIf([Delivered]="Yes", [SalePrice],0))

again, in the Control Source of your Unbound Control's Data Property.

And should you wish to add or subtract these Controls, just refer to Their respective Control names.

Trust this assists:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom