Can you put a custom button on the QAT (1 Viewer)

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
I would like to create a command button that saves a report as a PDF. Currently I am using the built in "PDF or XPS" button but it always opens Adobe reader at the end and also a dialog with the option to save export steps. I want nothing other than a simple save dialog like I can do with a VBA command, but is it even possible to add a custom command to the quick access toolbar?

I know you can add custom commands to the ribbon but the user of this database keeps the ribbon minimized due to it eating up too much of his screen space. The QAT is always visible.

Thanks for your help.

Ari

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:15
Hi

<!-- ***TAG QAT***-->
<qat><documentControls>
<button idMso = "PublishToPdfOrEdoc" label="PDF"/>
</documentControls></qat>

OR

<!-- ***TAG QAT***-->
<qat><documentControls>

<button id = "btPublishPdf"
imageMso = "PublishToPdfOrEdoc"
onAction = "=fncPublishPdf()"/>

</documentControls></qat>

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:15
Hi Ari.

I have a very similar problem i.e. since, when used in run time mode, Access 2007 only displays the QAT, I moved useful functions (like sorts, find, etc.) to it. But to my surprise, only the 2 standard functions are displayed.
Can I use your solution to solve this problem?
Where do I store it?

Thanks, JLC.

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
You should be able to get the ribbon to display at run time. Actually, I had a hard time getting it to NOT display. Isn't there a small down arrow button just below the X in the upper right corner?

If you want to add a macro to the QAT, first you need to create the macro. Then when you go to the QAT and click "More commands" and in the left column drop down choose macros, and select the macro you want to add to the QAT. It will use a standard macro icon but you can change the icon by selecting your new button in the right column and clicking on the modify button below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom