Captcha for Register and Search (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:41
To cut down on the spam bots, I have added a captcha for both new members Registering and for Search. I'm hoping this will help reduce spam and server load. I've spent ages recently researching ways of increasing the speed of this site and may try a few other things. If things break, bear with me. Its because I am testing!

How often do you use search on the forums each day? Is it only occasionally? Ten times a day? Would be very interested to know.

I've used a plugin for the captcha. I will see how it goes and may try to find a way to turn it off for members.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
How often do you use search on the forums each day? Is it only occasionally? Ten times a day? Would be very interested to know.
Rarely. I use it when I'm looking for threads to give to a poster.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Rarely also I will use it maybe once a week when I am developing a new application. I will usually have to use it several times within a short space in order to refine my search.

Shipper225

Windows XP Access 2007
Local time
Today, 03:41
I tend to use the search a few times a week as I try finding existing threads for a problem I am experiencing then recreating a thread with the same topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom